Sunday, May 11, 2014

Birth Mom's on Mother's Day!

As I sit here on Mother's Day relaxing and enjoying the sun.  I was browsing Facebook and saw a post from a adoptee that really hit me.  The post was....

 Do you think my birth mom thinks of me on Mother's Day!

As I read through some of her post I was touched by some of comments and upset by others.  For me, well it just reminded me of my childhood and who I always wondered if my birth mom did think of me on my birthday or even on Mother's Day.  My thoughts would be Does she remember me? or Does she think of me on this day?  I would always say Happy Mother's Day to her.

I can only imagine what Mother's Day must be like for a birth mom.  The heartache and pain she may be experiencing as she sees other mom's being celebrated by their children.  And she is wondering where her kids are.

There are those people in this world who will belittle birth mom's for giving up their kids.  I actually how selfless they are.  Now at the moment of their kids being removed from their care it may not seem that they are being selfless.

Now I will share when I found my birth family, and read all of the court transcripts I was rather mad at my mom for being so selfish.  But over the years I have learned to be able to look and see that actually she  was being selfless. As, I see it she wasn't not wanting to be her addiction at that time.

So yes, adoptee I do believe birth mom's think of her child on Mother's Day.

So before judging a birth parent for their decision to give up their parental rights, put yourself in their shoes.  Ask yourself,  How would you feel in their place. 

Happy Mother's Day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment