Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Think Positive

  Monday evening I got a text from my husband that he had just wrecked our car.  Now to give you some background. Just a week before my husband’s car quit. So he was driving my car as he was in search for a new car for himself.  So when he texted me that he had just wrecked my car.  I was full of different emotions and not sure what to think.  Now we were going to need to buy 2 cars.  Well, he got home 3 hours later and filled me in on all of the details and we talked for a bit.  I then went to bed but wasn't able to fall asleep as I kept thinking about “What were we doing so wrong in our life that this was happening to us.”  I could name a thousand negative things that came to mind, but was struggling to find the positive. 

Well, I finally just got up and grabbed my Bible and thought I would go ahead and get the days Bible reading done.  Well, on Sunday I was searching through my You Version Bible app and searched different plans. Well, I came across the Chronological Bible reading plan. So decide this was going to be the year I try and read through the Bible. Well, I ended up reading 3 days ahead.  So I was in the book of Job. Never would have realized that the story of Job came after the story of Abraham.   

As I read I thought of our own family situation.  No we haven’t lost our kids, or all of our flocks or been given boils. Yet we have had health issues, car problems, and financial problems. Maybe God is watching us to see how we are going to respond.  The Bible says God won’t give us more then we can handle.  I know that is hard to believe because we have difficulty hit us and we think the end of the world is here. How will we ever get out of this?  What have we done so bad that God is punishing us? (I know I asked this same question Monday evening.)

 How do we know that God doesn't bring trials and tribulation in to our lives to see how we will handle circumstances?  Are we going to whine and complain, or are we going to trust God and let him use the circumstance to reach a lost person.  How do we not know that there is a lost person just watching to see who we will react?  Just like with Job, I think everyone around him was wanting to see “would he curse God?” and they probably would have thought he had every right to.  Last night I was finding myself question God with questions like, what are we doing wrong? Why would God let this happen to us? Doesn’t God know our circumstances?   Then it dawned on me that maybe God lets things happen to us so other people in our lives can get the blessing of helping us. Be encouraged to know God has a plan.  Stay positive in your thinking because Satan would love for you to become Negative Ned or a Negative Nadine. Satan was hoping Job would become Negative Ned. 
   
How do you respond when things do not go according to plan? Do you trust that God’s plan is better? If you haven’t done it in a while read the book of Job. It is very inspiring. 
Below are pictures of what my van now looks like. Sad 

Blessings,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment